Friday, November 14, 2008

Toy Collector Dilemma: Here We Go Again!

When I started to collect toys, I was influenced to collect them mint and carded/boxed. The problem with this is the boxes and carded figures takes up space. So what I did was to packed the toys in cardboard boxes and stack em up. Many of these toys never saw the light of day again. So I began to visualize...how nice to have my own house...to have a dedicated room to display my toys. That was in the mid 90s.

In 2001, my wish came true. I got my own house. I dedicate one room specifically for toys. I had 3 glass cabinets and 5 book shelves. I got to display my prized Batman toys, my vintage He-Man, my vintage Star Wars etc. Boy it was good....for a few years. Over the years and as the collection grew, I added few more shelves and 2 metal racks. The room became smaller..

Now , the once toy display room became nothing more than a toy store room. Boxes of toys are stacked on top of each other. There is only a tiny visible pathway in the room. And I m still buying toys...though not as frequent as in the past. And my mind starts to visualize again...how nice to have a bigger house, a bigger room to display my toys.......here we go again.

No comments: