Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Kamen Rider Chogokin Souchaku Henshin Collection


The first time I came to know Kamen Rider (also known as Masked Rider) was one afternoon watching a Mandarin film called "Zan Tian Chi Se" (Lightning Riders) on RTM with my mother. I was (if not mistaken) 8 years old. My mom and I were glued to the TV set as we watch the first Kamen Rider film. The most memorable part was the hero's belt got this twirling thingi and then he did a sommersault in the air and transform....into Kamen Rider!

I do have some Kamen Rider toys but here will just share the Bandai's Chogokin Kamen Rider, also known as the Souchaku Henshin Series (SHS). What is not shown here is the SHS Kamen Rider Kuuga special collection. I have that in the glass cabinet which is difficult to take out now to photograph coz of the stacked up toys.

These are great play things. The earlier figures (KR1, KR2, KR3, KR Stonger, KR Amazon) have armor, wrist cuffs, shin guards, belt and helmet. The later figures have all that plus weapons and more accesories. They are very articulate for action posing. If you read my earlier blog, you gotta be careful when playing them, as I had an experience where I broke KR Kuuga's armor as I was removing it from the box! I thought Chogokin cannot be broken, I was wrong.

Collectible Value - Not so in demand now. There are better KR toys out there i.e. Sideshow Real Action Figures or Bandai's SIC collection. Buy because you like it.

No comments: